This will be our first Sovereign Seminar event! To learn more about the Sovereign Seminar series, see our blog post titled Introducing Sovereign Seminar.
Derek Smith will present "Accepting Bitcoin for your Small Business." He will begin the by demonstrating Satoshi Spirits, an proof-of-concept Bitcoin-native website that accepts Bitcoin for various bourbons, wines, and other vices. A great use case for our ₿itcoin & ₿eer events! This gives the audience a good idea on some of the use cases that Bitcoin can enable.
The following topics will be covered:
- The business case for Bitcoin.
- Using Bitcoin as your Unit of Account.
- The importance of running a full node.
- Node deployment strategies and trade-offs.
- Technology and hardware considerations. Cost/benefit analysis of various strategies.
- Operational considerations; UTXO Management, Privacy, Liquidity management.
- How to leverage BTCPay Server for payment processing.
This event will be held at St. Johns County Public Library System, Main Branch. It's easy to get to with plenty of parking. Hope to see you there!
> Limit is 40 individuals, so please RSVP at meetup.com.
Don't forget about our Bitcoin & Beer event in downtown St. Augustine after the presentation!
Want to show your support for Old City Bitcoiners? Consider donating today! All donations go to our monthly crowdfunding goals.